Monthly Archives: November 2010
It is hard to believe it is 51 days till Christmas. Yeah!!!!
I love Christmas! Great time to share with people.
The Inspirational Journey Team #8 have chosen to volunteer 4 hours on November 20th as well as sponsor a minimum of 10 families through the Surrey Christmas Bureau. We would be thrilled, ecstatic, and grateful to have your support in making this the best Christmas EVER for these 10 families. Imagine having the all the YOU Seminar graduates old and new coming together for this community project!!
Registration for families requesting sponsorship begins the first week of November. Each family being sponsored will receive a food hamper and age-appropriate gifts for every child. As sponsors, we are responsible for purchasing and arranging for delivery of the hampers. We will have the specific information for each family within the next couple of weeks. Until then, here are the various ways that you may choose to support:
(1) Non-perishable items, suggestions include:
Canned fruit, Coffee/tea, Cereal, Pancake mix & syrup, Jams/jellies, Peanut butter, Soup, Canned tuna, canned salmon, Boxed juice, Kraft Dinner, Pasta, Brown beans, Crackers, Stuffing mix, Canned vegetables, Potatoes, Rice, Cranberry sauce, spaghetti sauce.
Christmas snacks: cookies, candies, chips, popcorn, fruit, nuts, and soft drinks.
Other practical items: diapers, baby wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, detergents, soaps, tinfoil, and pet food.
(2) Perishables – Gift certificates for: Save-On Foods, Safeway, IGA, M&M Meats, Costco, Great Cdn Superstore, Thrifty’s, Cobb’s Bread, McGavin’s Bread, Bun Masters.
Some of the gift certificates will be redeemed to purchase perishable food for the hamper prior to delivery to the families.
Perishable items will include: eggs, bread, margarine/butter, fresh fruit, fresh fruit juice, cheese, turkey or ham, fresh vegetables, buns, desert.
(3) Gift Certificates of $20 or more for Toys, clothes and gifts for the kids: Toys R US, Walmart, Sears, Bay, Future Shop, Best Buy, EB Games, Zellers.
(4) Unwrapped new toys for children between the ages of newborn to 15 years.
Any toys that do not fit the family profiles that we receive, will be donated to the Surrey Christmas Bureau to support other families.
(5) You may choose to sponsor a family yourself. Alternatively, you may wish to help us deliver the hampers to the families.
(6) We will also be volunteering our time on November 20th between 10:00am and 2:00pm, as ambassadors with the SCB. At the moment, it looks like we will be volunteering at Guildford Mall with the arrival of Santa at the SCB booth that will be set up there. Please let us know if you would like to join us!! There is a volunteer application that will need to be completed, which you can find on-line at: www.christmasbureau.com.
(7) Cash or cheque donations accepted for any amount.
(8) Lastly, tax receipts will be issued for all donations $20 and over.
We look forward to hearing from you and making this an amazing experience for these families! Thank you so much for your support!
For more information, please contact:
Karen Pedersen at 604-803-3631 or email@example.com
Barb Bradley at 604-781-7440.
or Corinne Ropp 778-552-3000